DevOps Engineer - Python Focused
DevOps Engineer - Python Focused Remote
Big Network is seeking to hire a DevOps Engineer with a focus on Python based technologies to our software engineering team. This role will focus on the development and maintenance of our backend infrastructure and systems, with shared responsibility for code running on our Big Edge devices. You will be expected to help bring new products to market while maintaining and supporting our existing code base and infrastructure. This is a great role for someone that likes to work widely across the stack.
What You’ll Do
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code that follows software development best practices in a Python based environment.
- Implement well designed and scalable automation for our back-end infrastructure using Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes.
- Ensure back-end services are available, resilient, and well monitored.
- Participate in development efforts related to our Big Edge devices, based upon the Linux Networking stack, DPDK, and VPP.
- Resolve and raise bugs as needed.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Participate in code reviews with our Software Engineering Teams.
- Participate in on-call duties.
What We’re Looking For
- Prior proven working experience in Python software development and Linux systems administration.
- Experience with Cloud Network Engineering, the Linux Network Stack, and Network Automation.
- Ability to architect and deploy high availability and highly resilient systems.
- Keen skills for prototyping, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with tools such as Jira, GitLab, InfluxDB, MongoDB, Redis, and Node.js.
- A working knowledge of networking, the Internet, DNS, TLS, and network troubleshooting skills.*
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization
- Strong organizational skills, including project management, prioritization, and written communication.
- You must be a self-starter with a bias for action; i.e. get things done.
- B.A. or B.S. in computer science, engineering or technology; similar experience.